LTRC 2020 has been postponed
We have retained the blog below posted in December 2019, since we hope that the Conference will still take place in Tunisia next year although official decisions have yet to be made.
Kindly keep up to date about new developments by regularly visiting https://www.iltaonline.com/
Conference participation was high, over 140 registrants, at this stage of the early days of early registration period. The conference had also exceeded its targets in terms of sponsorship.Micheline Chalhoub-Deville, ILTA President
Posted in December 2019: “The LTRC 2020 Organizing Committee warmly invites you to Tunisia to participate in the 42nd Language Testing Research Colloquium (LTRC), the annual conference of the International Language Testing Association (ILTA), to be held June 9-13, 2020 in Hammamet, Tunisia.”
LTRC will take place in Africa and the Arab World
LTRC is the major international conference for research on language testing and assessment and has been held in diverse locations around the world. This is the first time that LTRC will take place in Africa and the Arab World, and so we welcome both people from the region and those from further afield for whom this may represent a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit Tunisia.
Though small, Tunisia is well known for its exceptional archaeological sites; Colonial and Islamic architecture; museums and mosaic collections; Berber villages; bustling medinas and souks; lush oases, stunning beaches, and its cuisine. Many of Tunisia’s best attractions are within easy reach of Hammamet where LTRC 2020 will take place.
As appropriate for a conference in a multilingual context, our conference theme is:
Assessment in Multilingual Contexts: Models, Practices, Policies & Challenges.
Apart from the conventional symposia, research papers, and posters, there will be three keynote plenaries, three invited symposia, a work in progress session, and a set of pre-conference workshops and a roundtable led by prominent scholars in the field.
When: Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Topic: Language Test Translation and Adaptation
Organizers: Albert Weideman & Tobie van Dyk
Space is limited!
Pre-conference Workshops: Six one-day workshops (space is limited!)
Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Workshop 1: What Teachers Need to Know About Assessing Speaking (Ardeshir Geranpayeh & Sian Morgan)
- Workshop 2: Development and Use of Rubrics for Assessing Writing in Multilingual Contexts (Claudia Harsch)
- Workshop 3: Using Interviews and Classroom Observations when Validating Assessments in a Multi-lingual Context (Hanan Khalifa)
Wednesday, June 10, 2020, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Workshop 4: Latent Variable Modelling Using Mplus (Karen Dunn)
- Workshop 5: Standard Setting in the Context of Language Assessment (Gad Lim, Tony Clark & Brigita Séguis)
- Workshop 6: Assessing Reading and Listening skills through Corpus-based Techniques: Putting Theory into Practice in Multilingual Contexts (Jenny Liontou & Dina Tsagari)
More information …
Official website and registration: https://www.iltaonline.com/page/LTRC2020
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to Tunisia!